A coupling is a device used to connect two shafts together at their ends for the purpose of transmitting power.
Couplings do not normally allow disconnection of shafts during operation, however there are torque limiting couplings which can slip or disconnect when some torque limit is exceeded.
The primary purpose of couplings is to join two pieces of rotating equipment while permitting some degree of misalignment or end movement or both.
By careful selection, installation and maintenance of couplings, substantial savings can be made in reduced maintenance costs and downtime.
Flexible Bellows type coupling
- High torsional stiffness and response
- Spring action bellows configuration absorbs parallel, angular and shaft end-play misalignments
- Constant velocity even under misalignment
- Identical clockwise and counter-clockwise rotational characteristics
- Bellows available in stainless steel or phosphor bronze (Hub : Aluminum Alloy)
- Finished products featuring two different end bore diameters available in stock.